Special 1-Day Statewide Seminar: April 30, 2020 from 9:00am – 4:00pm
A one-day seminar for Transportation Directors, Bus Drivers, Special Needs Staff and Liaisons, IEP Facilitators, OT/PTs.
Presented by Kathy Furneaux
This seminar will address the following topics related to transporting students with special needs:
• The 13 Categories of IDEA and Strategies for the School Bus
• Section 504 and the Impact for Transportation
• Least Restrictive Environment – Transporting on the Continuum
• 10 Day Rule – What Does It Mean for discipline on the Bus?
• Length of Day Issues for Transporters
• Inclusion – How Does This Change What We Do?
• The Role of the Behavior Intervention Plan on the School Bus
• Loading Zone and Transportation Access Compliance
• Importance of Documentation – What, Where & Who?
• Confidence, Communication & Relationships
What Others Are Saying About This Seminar:
- “This is the first real Special Needs training I’ve received. I wish I had gotten it 12 years ago when I first started working in school transportation. Thanks!”
- “The issues that were addressed can be confusing to someone who has not had a significant amount of experience in the area. The material was presented in such a way as to lay the foundation for those who are new, and to reinforce the information for us old folks. It was an excellent day!”
- “I would absolutely recommend this training. The information I received was excellent; more than I thought possible! I can’t imagine trying to wish for more.”
- “This is a very important and broad topic and hard to assimilate all of it. This workshop really helps put it all together.”
- “This seminar was very useful because we all have so many different views on transporting ESE students. Everything that I and my team needed to know was explained. Truly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend to others.”