The 2022 PDS is now closed.
2022 Online PDS Key Points:
- To continue your active status as an SBDI, you MUST attend a PDS every year. (Ex: If you become certified as an SBDI before February 28, 2022, you must attend the 2022 PDS.)
- The 2022 PDS WILL NOT RE-OPEN after it closes on May 31, 2022, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES!
- NO SUSPENSIONS will be granted this year.
- The 2022 PDS will only be accessible by clicking on the REGISTER button on this page, starting March 1, 2022.
- It is highly suggested that an SBDI does not wait until the last moment to take the 2022 PDS. This will delay shipping of the 2022 PDS Materials, risking not having them for your fall refreshers.
- If you do not complete the online 2022 PDS, and do not have a verified catastrophic event in your life for Hardship approval, you will have to recertify as an SBDI if you want to continue performing the duties of an SBDI.
- There will not be a requirement to complete a pre-session assignment for the 2022 PDS.
- The 2022 Online PDS will be comprised of a 50- question, multiple choice, open book test.
- The Manual to use for the test CANNOT BE PRINTED.
- DO NOT enter a PO Box when registering, your materials cannot be shipped to a PO Box, it MUST be a physical address.
- Cell Phones CANNOT be used to take the course.
- You MUST MAIL PTSI your completion certificate in order to receive your PDS materials and SBDI card.
Q: I did not receive my link and access code to start the course.
A: You should receive 2 emails after successfully registering for the PDS. The first email is a confirmation of your registration. The second email will contain the link and access code to begin the PDS. DON’T PANIC, this may take several minutes to receive after registration occurs. You may also want to check your junk or spam folders for this email.
Q: Can I take the PDS on my phone?
A: No. The 2022 PDS must be taken from a laptop, computer or tablet.
Q: Last year I filled out an SBDI Information Change Form, do I have to fill it out this year as well?
A: If you have registered for the 2022 PDS you already did! We have taken the information that you entered in order to register and updated your profile in the NYSED database.
Q: The question asked for a page number what do I enter?
A: The page number can be found at the bottom of the page in the footer of the PDF. Do NOT use the page number of the particular viewer being used. You also do not have to enter a roman numeral into the answer field.
Q: Where is the certificate I am supposed to send to PTSI after completion?
A: After clicking the download button on the certificate page, the certificate will automatically download to your computer. You will find it wherever your files download to on your computer.