Escalating behaviors in the closed environment of the bus — with no back up help immediately available — is an all too common scenario for school bus drivers today. Pupil transportation professionals are being called upon to deal with noticeable increases in serious behavioral issues on the school bus.
This one-day seminar will provide the transportation professional with the tools and strategies to assist them in dealing with serious and often violent behaviors on the school bus. Learn effective techniques and strategies that will work and how to implement them.
- Specific strategies to prevent a bad behavior from escalating into a violent behavior
- Behavioral strategies that demonstrate a positive attitude
- How good relationships affect student behavior
- What to do when negative behavior levels increase
- Understanding both non-verbal communication and non-verbal behavior
- Controlling the escalation of behavior using effective verbal interventions
- Using silence to achieve compliance
When All Else Fails
- How to deal with a physical attack
- Strategies that will not develop into a lawsuit
- Strategies for remaining calm in a physically or verbally abusive incident
- Dealing with the student’s return to the bus
Note: All techniques, strategies and tactics will need to be viewed through your school district or company policies and procedures for dealing with serious problematic behavior on the school bus. PTSI recommends that you become familiar with your school districts’ policies prior to attending this training seminar.
Price of Course: $175
|Date(s)||Host [Company Name]||Location [City]||Instructor(s)||Register|