We are hiring for a new position here at PTSI!
Chief Executive Officer
PUPIL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY INSTITUTE
PTSI is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to delivering to the school transportation community the highest quality training materials and support to allow its clients to exceed their respective safety missions. We are a leading provider of school transportation training resources to public and/or private organizations. PTSI provides a broad range of safety and management training services to school transportation carriers in New York and other states throughout the U.S.
PTSI’s primary areas of service are:
- Consultation services for school districts and contractors.
- Program development and evaluative studies for state agencies.
- Training resources for school transportation managers, instructors, drivers, and students.
We are looking for a person that has been successful in managing people in a business, school district or school district department. Currently the CEO will be responsible for managing up to ten staff members who are responsible for all aspects of the internal activities, headquarters office and field operations of PTSI. This position will also oversee the external activities of the organization in all contracts and communications with consultants, local, state, and federal agencies as appropriate.
Education: (Preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (minimum)
- Valid Driver License.
- Comply with PTSI’s Motor Vehicle Insurance Requirements.
Experience: (Preferred, but not required)
- At least five years’ experience as a School Superintendent, School Business Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, Company Executive Officer, or Departmental Director/Manager
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Effective communication abilities and public speaking skills
- Above average ability to create and maintain relationships (people skills)
- Business management background
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS
New York State Activities:
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all appropriate NY State Education Department, NY State Department of Motor Vehicles and NY State Department of Transportation agency staff as appropriate
- Participate in NY State agency meetings and events to achieve and maintain above average knowledge of industry laws/regulations, activities, events, trends and updates
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with NY State school transportation and school business leaders and trade associations
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Annual Vacation Hours (Negotiable)
- Annual Sick Leave Hours 48
- Annual Personal Hours 40
- Annual Paid Holiday Related Days 10 to 12
- Health Plan
- Simple IRA
FINANCIAL INCENTIVE PLAN:
- Incentive plan to be based on new business growth this position generates:
- May receive a percentage (as determined by the PTSI board of directors) of new business profit on net revenue generated
CURRENT OFFICE LOCATION: Syracuse, NY
APPLYING FOR POSITION:
If interested, please submit:
• Last 2 employer references, if available
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME, REFERENCES AND/OR QUESTIONS TO:
Ron Kinney, Vice President
PTSI Board of Directors
Annual Salary : $95,000 (Negotiable) depending on qualifications
Must be willing to relocate.