Certified Examiners are REQUIRED to attend a New York State DMV approved CE Refresher AT LEAST ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS to maintain certification. Since Refresher topics change annually, ATTENDING EACH YEAR enables CEs to keep up with changes in regulations and learn and share ideas and concerns. Not to mention, you receive a FREE PIN EVERY YEAR!
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING:
- Your certificate will print the EXACT name and CE number entered when registering.
- Please make sure your email address is entered correctly, this is how you will receive your access code.
- You must pay with a credit card at the time of registration in order to take the course.
- Only one registration per credit card transaction is allowed.
- After registering, it may take up to 10 minutes to receive your access code email.
- Don’t forget to check your junk/spam folders for the access code and/or confirmation emails.
- You may download a course workbook to follow along with the course (highly recommended). This can be found in the upper right hand corner of the course screen, labeled “Workbook”.
- This online version of the refresher may be taken at your own pace. You are able to pause as needed throughout the course, however, DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER, YOU WILL BE FORCED TO RESTART FROM THE BEGINNING.
- Depending on your pace, the course should take approximately 2 hours to complete.
- You cannot move forward until each slide is complete.
- There are frequent quizzes throughout the course (click check mark in bottom right corner to submit answer). Each participant must pass with an overall score of 80%, failing to do so with take you back to the beginning.
- After successfully completing the course, you will receive your certificate which will automatically download to your computer. YOU must then fax (518-474-0593) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your certificate to the Bus Driver Unit at DMV, PTSI will NOT do this.
- Once purchasing the course, it is valid through 12/31/22. You may take it at any time by using your personal access code provided in the registration email.
- As always if you have any problems, please contact PTSI for help: email@example.com, 800.836.2210 x306.
A: The online Refresher can only be paid for with a valid credit card, we do not accept POs or checks as payment for this course.
A: After successfully completing the Refresher, your certificate will automatically be generated with your name and CE number. Please download, and then fax or email your certificate to NYS DMV Bus Driver Unit to remain certified. PTSI will NOT submit certificates to DMV.
A: Yes! As a matter of fact, PTSI strongly encourages Motor Carriers to send other employees, such as the person responsible for filing 19-A paperwork.
A: No problem! Simply input 6- zeros (000000) in the CE Number field and you will be allowed to register. Or, you may contact PTSI (800.836.2210 x306; firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can register you.
A: Absolutely! Please call PTSI and we will register you for the online version and give you the appropriate refund, since the ONLINE version is a different price.
A: Unfortunately, the DMV needs your name an CE number exactly as it is registered in their files, or they will not accept your certificate. If your information has printed incorrectly, it is because it was entered incorrectly during registration. Please contact PTSI immediately for help correcting this (800.836.2210 x306; email@example.com). To help prevent mistakes, please make sure you take your time and enter your information correctly.