Price of Course: $920
Effective January 1, 2023: $945
Are you looking to take your career to a new level? Looking for a way to enhance your operation’s training program while meeting the requirements established by the NYS Department of Education? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you should consider becoming a School Bus Driver Instructor (SBDI).
PTSI conducts this 5-day course with state-of-the-art technology and top-notch instructors – NYSED Certified Master Instructors, selected from the finest in New York State. Here is your opportunity to receive the most advanced training needed to conduct effective training programs for your employees and coworkers. Learn current requirements for your department/operation to be fully compliant with New York State Department of Education Guidelines and Regulations. NYS Department of Education prerequisites to be certified to take this course are listed below.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- IMPORTANT: If your diploma is from outside the USA, be advised it will need to be translated, verified, and assessed as equivalent to an American diploma to become a certified instructor. The cost of the evaluation is the sole responsibility of the participant, and there will be no refunds to student participants whose diploma fails to meet USA standards. Early submission of international diplomas and verification documentation is recommended.
- Currently employed in pupil transportation
- Completed Basic School Bus Driver Course
- Completed Advanced School Bus Driver Course or another DMV approved PIRP Course
- Zero points on driving record
Benefits of This Course
- Takes your career to the “next level”!
- SBDI course offered by PTSI, the leading nonprofit school bus safety educational organization in the country
- State-of-the-art instruction led by experienced, professional Master Instructors
- Meets all New York State Education Department requirements for certification
Please note, when registering you must provide your own email address. If you do not have a working email, you may enter an alternate email address in the CC field. Thank you.
|Date(s)||Host [Company Name]||Location [City]||Instructor(s)||Register|
|Saturdays, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2022||Hampton Inn||Central Valley, NY||Jim Minihan||Register|
|November 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2022||Pupil Transportation||East Syracuse, NY||Kathy Furneaux||Register|
|November 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2022||First Student||Rochester, NY||Bill Hoosty||Register|
|November 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2022||University of Albany||Rensselaer, NY||Harold Nicholson||Register|
|February 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2023||Pupil Transportation||East Syracuse, NY||Joe LaMarca||Register|
|February 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2023||Hampton Inn||Central Valley, NY||Jim Minihan||Register|
|February 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2023||First Student||Rochester, NY||Bill Hoosty||Register|
|February 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 2023||Owego-Apalachin Transportation Dept||Owego, NY||Lisa Leber||Register|
|March 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 2023||University of Albany||Rensselaer, NY||Cindy Jurewicz||Register|
|June 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 2023||Pupil Transportation||East Syracuse||Kathy Furneaux||Register|
|June 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 2023||University of Albany||Rensselaer, NY||Harold Nicholson||Register|
|June 29, 30, July 1, 7, 8, 2023||Hampton Inn||Central Valley, NY||Jim Minihan||Register|