“What You Must Know About Transporting Students with Special Needs”
A one-day seminar for Transportation Directors, Bus Drivers, IEP Team Members, and Special Education Liaisons.
The seminar will address the following topics related to transporting students with special needs:
- The 13 Categories of IDEA and Strategies for the School Bus
- Section 504 and the Impact for Transportation
- Least Restricted Environment – Transporting on the Continuum
- 10 Day Rule – What Does It Mean for discipline on the Bus?
- Length of Day Issues for Transporters
- Inclusion – How Does This Change What We Do?
- The Role of the Behavior Intervention Plan on the School Bus
- Loading Zone and Transportation Access Compliance
- Importance of Documentation – What, Where & Who?
- Confidence, Communication & Relationships
Cost: $185 (includes Lunch)
Who Should Attend?
Transportation Directors, Special Needs Staff and Liaisons, IEP Facilitators, OT/PTs. Registration is open to all, regardless of involvement in transportation industry, as content provided is relevant to school staff, special needs liaisons, etc., anyone involved with transporting students with special needs.
|October 27, 2021||Tyler Technologies||Latham, NY||Register|