Prevention & Intervention of Behavioral Issues and Violence on School Buses
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$175
Escalating behaviors in the closed environment of the bus — with no back up help immediately available — is an all too common scenario for school bus drivers today. Pupil transportation professionals are being called upon to deal with noticeable increases in serious behavioral issues on the school bus.
This one-day seminar will provide the transportation professional with the tools and strategies to assist them in dealing with serious and often violent behaviors on the school bus. Learn effective techniques and strategies that will work and how to implement them.
Learn effective techniques and strategies that will work and how to implement them.
- Specific strategies to prevent a bad behavior from escalating into a violent behavior
- Behavioral strategies that demonstrate a positive attitude
- How good relationships affect student behavior
- What to do when negative behavior levels increase
- Understanding both non-verbal communication and non-verbal behavior
- Controlling the escalation of behavior using effective verbal interventions